kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spa day anyone...

What a crazy fall, and then the holidays. Oh the holidays were so fun but such a busy time of year. The new year typically represents change and direction, but direction came along with an unprecedented speed. FINALLY, it is February. I could not be more happy about that. So, what now?

Personally I am happy to tell you that I am taking February off from shooting. That is right, I said OFF! No weddings, no engagements, no bridals. I am taking a spa day, getting a massage, and oh ya designing 5 albums, getting my taxes together, and a whole list of to do's that typically keep me up late every night.

Why here? Why now? Well, February is typically such a cold yukky month. If you live in Utah (well northern Utah) you understand. We have ugly inversions and freezing cold weather. I decided that it is a perfect month to catch up on my office duties, and schedule some spa treatments.

So, this is not a final farewell for February, BUT I will not be posting at the speed I typically do. I have a fun trip planned to Vegas and I will be doing some shooting there. I well also be giving you a sneak peak of the albums (yes 5 - AHHH) that I am designing!

If anyone wants to do lunch, now is the time! Have a wonderful, cold, yukky, February and I will be back before you know it.

I had to put a quick sneak peak on my blog of a wedding I did this last weekend. Beautiful couple, and absolutly beautiful wedding. More details will be coming in a few days!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

i dont blame you for taking february off. smart girl! let's plan a lunch day for vegas! do you have any plans while you are there? what day works good for you?

Alvord Photography said...

I hope you have a relaxing month and I can't wait to see some of the album designs. Let's for sure do lunch. Do you want to go next week? Let me know.

Stephanie said...

Have a fun spa month! :D Yes, we'll just call it that. Enjoy it and then come back and blog about it so we can all be super jealous. :D hee hee

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

I also agree with your February comment, its just not the most beautiful is it? Good for you Kellee, you can just see that you work your little butt off. You deserve time to meditate :) BTW I loved what you did from the pics I see of the bridal fair, you rock.

Leslie said...

You deserve a spa MONTH! I love the preview of that wedding. Only you could make a freezing January day look warm and gorgeous like that! Amazing.

Vanessa said...

Have a great month girl!!! You more then deserve it!

Anonymous said...

NOOO!!! what am i going to do every day in class!

Jennifer said...

What am I going to do at work everyday?! Come back soon! Or MBK withdrawls will start! :)

Kellee Smith said...

Sorry girls... I promise I will be back soon. I have so many great summer weddings lined up, and I am so excited for a fun year. I can not wait for some of the fun things I have planned for the summer for my business! I am really enjoying a little time off!

Lacey Jo said...

I want a spa day! I am really excited to see some of those albums. I'm sure they are just cutting edge.