kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another Personal Post

So, I know that I have bored you with some of my personal posts, but I have to add one more this evening. I have so many awesome pictures to post, and I have covered some amazing events in the past week, and while I am editing these pictures tonight I am inspired to write something of somewhat a personal matter.

Today was a long work day. From early this morning until late in the afternoon I was in front of my computer. My little boy (Hunter - who is almost 5 years old - birthday coming up this Saturday) came to my side and said so sweetly, "Mom, I have a great idea. How about you stop working and come and watch me slip-n-slide? I will do a good job..."

So, with that I jumped and put swimming suits on the kids and ran out to the yard and set up the slip-n-slide. To my surprise my husband came home from work early, and we sat on the swing and watched the kids play. The phone rang and as I talked to a friend for a moment, my husband disappeared. Much to my surprise he had gone in the house to put on his swimming suit and show the kids how to slide like a "real man." hee hee hee! I grabbed my camera and took some funny shots of him coming down the slide with my little girl. He even sent her down by her self a time or two. You can see by the expression on her face, that she was not thrilled about it.

But, back to the point. Life is so short. It is so much fun to run a business and to be involved in these amazing events and to work with all of the great people that I have the opportunity to work with. HOWEVER, I can see now more than ever that it is so important to enjoy the good times. Please enjoy my good time today. Now that the kids are in bed, it is back to work, and who knows what tomorrow will bring...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks Kellee, I needed that. Being in the midst of wedding season, it is so easy to get caught up in it all. That is why I am making tomorrow my kids day. Thanks for the inspiration :) Great picture! I just love it!

Oakstream Photography said...

Thanks for the post girlie ;-) It's a great reminder....last night I had a family shoot in SLC & after the kids had gone to bed my hubby said.."I think the boys are missing you!"...I said "How do you know."....he replies...because when you're gone all they keep asking is if mommy has a wedding to do 'tomorrow'.....I felt soo bad! I promised them I'm swimming with them tomorrow.....ALSO that is WHY I don't have anything scheduled for July....but one wedding....SOOO that I can take the time to be with them!!!!

Shukria said...

So cute! Yeah she doesn't look to happy, but she'll be glad that you were there to capture moments like this when she is older. Have a great weekend!

Shellee Draper said...

She looks furious! Aunt Shellee wants to see some shots of Uncle Danny doing the slip and slide, come ON!

Chelsea said...

That was exactly my point to you when I wanted you to come eat lunch with us:) I'm so glad you did! What a fun day, and WHY weren't you slipnslidn:)