kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Here is the low down...

I did an awesome engagement tonight and I can not wait to share it with you. I am in the middle of editing it here tonight with Oprah on the TV and my family fast asleep. I should NOT still be awake, but I want to share my weekend story with you...

So last week I was out of the office for a few days, and some of you guessed right, I was up in Idaho riding with my parents. But, it wasn't the typical trip to go and ride, I was preparing for a big race this weekend in Farmington.

As many of you know I grew up riding and competing in Rodeos. I married my amazing husband when I was 19 years old and I honestly did not believe that my marriage was the demise to my rodeo career. HOWEVER, over the past 11 years of marriage I have only competed 1 time back in 1998. (WOW, I am old!)! So, I convinced my mom and dad to let me make a run for it! They have this great 5 year old horse that they have both been competing on who is still young but coming along really well. So, last Tuesday Ryen and I jumped in the car and ran up to my parents place in Idaho and did some practice runs and ran in a jackpot. It was a great time. Here are some pictures. More weekend info after the pics...

It was SOOO COLD!


Ryen Kitty Napped one of moms kittens because she did not want to leave them at the house while we were gone riding.


This is the 5 year old BJ


Some slow run patterning before the jackpot.


Ryen riding my mom's horse.


Ry's and my mom cooling down BJ


So, all went well at the Jackpot and I headed to Famington on Saturday to the big race. There were about 250 barrel racers. I did great my first day and knocked a barrel my second day, but ended up with this...


My husband videoed me on my mom's camera and when I head home for Thanksgiving I will post that on my blog. I am not all that sure I want you all to see it, so I will have to do some previewing!

So, after the race on Sunday we ran down to see Dan's family. We were not there 30 min when Ryen's little cousins tried to lift her over a stair gate and they all went tumbling down! I knew right away there was a broken bone. So she has a couple of cracked bones in her leg... For the next 3 weeks this is our little Ryen!







So there is the story! I hope I didn't talk too much. Amazing sessions to come!

Later!

11 comments:

Shellee Draper said...

OOOhhhh baby RyRY, Aunt Shellee is so sad that you got hurt! She looks so cute in her little cast though. Can't wait to see her for Christmas. We don't have any little girls so we've had fun shopping for her lately. Also, funny to see you running again. It brings back funny memories that are better left as inside jokes!!!!!! :) CU This Weekend.

Anonymous said...

Impressive that you can go without competing so long and pull out a 2nd. Nice job!

We've been lucky so far with broken bones but I know with 3 boys it's sure to happen sooner or later. Poor thing.

Chelsea said...

well look at me...I was right:) How fun and congrats on the money! Poor little Ryen, that makes me so sad! Hope she gets better soon!

Celeste said...

I've been a long time blog stalker -- i ADORE your work! Thanks for offering me so much inspiration.

I just wanted to post an itsy bitsy thing on the picture of the check you posted - You may want to consider taking it off. or blurring the account number and addess and phone of the people who wrote it. It's just so scary what people can do - just my little paranoid self...sorry... Thanks!

jhjonze said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I'm sorry about Ryen though.

Smith Family said...

Kellee, we were so sorry to hear about Ryen. We are glad that it was nothing worse, though. What exactly broke? Will it cause future complications? Tell her hi from us. Good job on your win! You should let us know when you are up here racing. We would totally come watch. We like going to rodeos. Ryen looks way cute on the horse...she training yet??

Kellee Smith said...

Thanks everyone... Celeste can you tell it is late at night! HELLO. Thanks, I made that adjustment - clearly not thinking!

Vanessa said...

Oh MY! Sun flare Queen, Pro Queen and now...Rodeo Queen! Girl you can do it all! And old, whatever! I was thinking how young you looked on the horse. Congrats on all your accomplishments!!! And little Ryen...so sad. But nice choice in color of cast. She is a DOLL!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

That's cool that you got back on a horse and NO, you are not old. Did I tell you that my girlfriend Renae Cowley won Miss Rodeo Utah this year and is going to compete for Miss Rodeo America the day after Thanksgiving in Vegas... sounds like you were on the same path a few years earlier. Cool!

Amanda said...

Seriously Kellee! You are awesome! Poor little Ryen. I am so sorry for her :) I love hearing about all that is going on in your life!

Celeste Russell said...

So glad you took pictures! It was fun to see you ride. Ryen looks like she is in good spirits. Tell her Rylee loves her cast! Purple is her favorite color now. Feel better Ryen!
Hang in there mom!