kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Friday, December 19, 2008

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

As a mother (and as a wedding photographer) I often project ahead and wonder what things will be like when my children get married...

We went to a really fun event put on by my husbands company (The Sports Academy) called "Breakfast with Santa". It is typically the only chance my kids get to see Santa during the holiday seasons (I am not patient enough for the line at the mall!). My little boy is very shy and these experiences have not always been pleasant (i.e. he HATED SANTA). So, before we went I really tried to prepare my 2 1/2 year old little girl. I told her all about what was going to happen and that Santa is nice and how we set on his lap and tell him what we want for Christmas, bla-bla-bla. Never did I imagine the way things would go down!

So, when we arrive, she sees him and starts yelling HI SANTA, so we rushed in and she hopped up on his lap - NO PROBLEM!!! I take a couple of pictures, and try to listen as Santa talked to her about being a good girl and being nice to her brother. Finally we get to the part where he says, "What do you want for Christmas?" She says loud and clear "I want to have your baby". He started laughing, and I started laughing, and I could not run over there quick enough to say, "Um, she means a baby!" I love Santa! However, I never looked at the big guy like that before! I do not want him as a son-in-law!!! She still tells people that Santa is going to bring her his baby!











I have had a busy, productive, and fun December! I have not been blogging like I normally do, but tis the holiday season!!! I am so excited, and anxious for the new year to come, but looking so forward to the rest of the holidays. I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!! For those of you who did not get a Christmas card from me, her is one to enjoy!







I will be out of the office until January 5, 2009. Wow, 2009! Where does time go.

12 comments:

michelle said...

I love these pictures...I can't believe how long Ryen's hair is! Your kids are adorable as ever. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy some time off!

Unknown said...

Oh, your daughter's request to Santa is priceless. Too too funny. Merry Christmas to the Smith family. And Happy 2009 to you Kellee.

Gardiner said...

Oh my gosh! "I want to have your baby!" HA HA HA!! I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! HA HA!! I bet he about died, as did you! FUNNY! Hope that things are going well. Lunch sometime soon?!

Celeste Russell said...

What fun Santa Pictures. Our party got canceled because of the weather and Santa couldn't make it. Your hair Looks FAB!! I decided to clean instead and I used your basket trick. It worked like a charm. Got my whole upstairs done in 2 hrs. Doing it every time and my kids had a GREAT time helping! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Celeste Russell said...

Oh - I don't think I would want Santa for a Son-in-law either - He would be WAY TOO BUSY!!! That baby would never see him!!

Amanda said...

Oh my heck! where do i start. first of all that story is HILARIOUS! i am laughing my butt off! it must be the 2nd child syndrome. my 7 year old is so shy and would hardley talk to santa. my three year old ran up and we couldnt hardley get her to leave when it was her turn! your kids are so adorable! so when is the baby coming? hahahaha i love it! oh and ps your christmas cards rock! i got mine in the mail! hooray! and loved it! thanks a bunch!

Stephanie said...

that is a funny, FUNNY story! and, lovely christmas card. happy holidays to you and your family. :D

Vanessa said...

That is the cutest thing ever! She will love this story when she is older haha! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! I loved your card...it was AWESOME!!! I know the new year will bring lots of great things for you! We need to chat sometime!

Shine said...

That is soooooo funny! I love it! You need to write that one down for her for sure so you can tell her someday. Kids are the best:)

Candyce said...

Of course your christmas card is a work of art. Do you ever do anything that DOESN'T look amazing?
I think I saw your husband with your daughter on his shoulders on TV during the Aggie game tonight... great game, eh? Have a wonderful Christmas Kellee hopefully I will see you soon!

Teddy said...

Hey Kellee, I had to check out your blog to see the awesome Christmas card! That really is gorgeous! Love it.

Lacey Jo said...

That is such a funny story!!! And your Christmas card is amazing...