kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy New Year...hee hee hee

Well before Christmas I started thinking about some fun things I wanted to write about on my blog for the new year. Are you kidding me? Here it is January 18, and still no entry. So forgive me for the belated New Years wishes.

2007 was so amazing for me personally as well as for my company. I have spent years now building this company from the ground up, and in 2007 things really started to roll for us. In 2007 I put together a new website, upgraded all of my equipment, changed all of our computers over to MAC, implemented an integrated proofing system, and changed both album companies and professional printing labs and built a wonderful working relationship with both of them. My gosh, it makes me tired just thinking about everything that we have been through...

I have had the opportunity to document some amazing events this year and to work with some great brides. I think my brides are the most beautiful, edgy, classy, and sassy girls. We have done some outstanding finished albums, and some killer prints that I am so proud of. Thank you to everyone who chose Moments By Kellee to be part of their wedding. It was an HONOR for me...

I also won some awards in 2007 for my photography. This picture was one of my favorite award winning shots.

Photobucket

So what now? I am SOOOOOO excited for 2008. We are kicking the year off with a bang at two bridal fairs. Be sure to come and see us on January 26th in the Tagart Student Center for our first bridal fair this year. I have been working for months on my booth and it is coming together so well! I am premiering some new products there in both prints and albums. I have a new professional demo video coming out that was made by West End Productions. I am working on a new website that will premier next Wednesday (hopefully)! Moments By Kellee is also giving away some fun stuff at the bridal fair that you will not want to miss. So, if you know anyone with an upcoming wedding make sure they stop by.

I have also doubled the size of my staff this year so that we can better accommodate your needs and still be able to do things just as quickly as you are accustom to. My head candid shooter Megan has recently taken on all of the editing and has started become an even larger part of our company. If you have worked with Moments By Kellee in the past, then I am sure that you know Megan. She is doing a fantastic job and I hear nothing but praise from my brides about her.

Thank you to all of my customers in 2007. You have all been great to work with. Honestly, every single one of you. I feel so blessed to be part of peoples lives in such an intimate way, and to share such wonderful moments as people create memories. Thank you to all of my friends in the Photography world for all of the support that you offer. I have had the opportunity to work with and mingle with some of the greatest photographers in the world. What a thrill that has been for me!

And of course thank you to my family! My wonderful husband Dan is an AMAZING person. I wake up every morning and wonder how I am so lucky to be part of his life. He is so supportive and he is always there to guide me through this business adventure of mine! My children are growing up so quickly, and I am so blessed to be in a profession that I can be at home with my children as they grow, and discover, and learn. I hope to do even more of that in 2008!

Happy New Year, and I hope that we can all have a wonderful and prosperous 2008!

2 comments:

Izlas Imaging by Eric Richards said...

Hey!

I'd heard a rumor that you were going to be on the cover of the local wedding magazine -- is that true??? CONGRATS!

Eric

Kellee Smith said...

Now where would you hear something like that...