kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Friday, August 15, 2008

One man's trash continued...

Oh I had such a great day yesterday. Megan and I traveled up to Idaho Falls Idaho to do a beautiful wedding at the Idaho Falls Temple. It was absolutly amazing!!! I am so excited to show you some of the fun shots that we did. But for now, I have a funny story before I take off for the weekend...

If you read my blog you will remember an entry I did a while ago called "One man's Trash". I collect fun, cool, funky, and beautiful furniture to shoot on. Well my husband was not very pleased when I drug home two new green chairs. He gave me a really hard time about it!

A few weeks after that, I had them loaded in the back of my truck and returned from a shoot. He had to run somewhere in a hurry and did not take the time to take the chairs out. Upon returning back to drive home there was a not on the windshield...



Oh I love it. Sorry Melanie, but these two chairs have a home for good, and Dan, maybe you are the only one who does not appreciate what fine furniture they are...

8 comments:

Tiffany Izatt said...

I also think these are awesome!

Ashlie said...

I am so flattered by your comments. Seriously, thank you! I would feel like a fish out of water doing weddings but would love to try it some day. You do an amazing job!

Amy Johnson said...

I think my grandma had some just like it, but that awful orange color of course! :)

Kellee Smith said...

Oh no Amy, orange is cool. I just got a beautiful Orange chair.

Brooke said...

haha thanks funny I found mine just like yours in purple a while ago...still waiting for the right shoot to just it :)

bre said...

So, I have a funny story about those chairs, but first I want to tell you how much I LOVE your work. You do such an amazing job, and I just love checking out your blog and seeing your work...

About the chairs...
When my husband and I first got married and were moving our stuff into our house, he brought this chair that I thought was SO UGLY! I wanted him to get rid of it, because we didn't have any room for it. He insisted he keep it, so I let him put it in our side room, his "office." I saw your first post and just had to laugh. They are the EXACT SAME CHAIR!!! Since seeing different posts with all those different chairs, I've decided that maybe it is a good thing he kept it, because though it may not be the prettiest chair just sitting there, stick someone in it, and it can make all the difference in the photograph.

(Sorry this is long, I just thought it was funny and thought I would share!) Beautiful work though! I love it!

Kellee Smith said...

Oh I love the chair pictures. You know, along the same lines, I use to have a baby grand piano in my office. I FINALLY got it sold and I was so excited to have some space to do some real decorating. I searched and searched for the prefect chairs for the space. I finally found them on overstock.com and ordered them. HOWEVER, before they got here I needed something for people to set down on. I thought my pink chairs are so cute, and I could totally make them funky and cool in my office so I drug them in there. OH MY HIDEOUS! I did a consultation on them and I was so embarrassed and they moved out just as quick as they moved in. SO, I totally understand! They have their place and it is not in the living room!

Thanks for the story - I loved reading it!

Rebecca Wolthuis said...

Kellee, I don't care what Dan says, I LOVE them. I need to see pix from the reunion (the ones on your camera), can you share them with me?