kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Monday, February 11, 2008

Ali and Andrew

Megan and I went down to Salt Lake together this weekend. We really did have a great time. My friend Amanda Able did a bridal fair down in Layton so we stopped in to see that. It was great to see Amanda and several of our other photography friends in that area. We had a yummy lunch while I did a phone consultation with some clients out of town, and then we headed down to do Ali and Andrew's pictures.

It was so fun to see Ali - she looked stunning. Taiya (if you check my blog you will member her as the red couch bride) did Ali's hair and she did such a great job. Ali's dress was AMAZING. It was ivory and had a very vintage feel to it, but moder with it's beautiful lines. It was AMAZING (did I already say that?) and perfect for her.

We did several shots at temple square and then we headed out to have some real fun... Ali is a dancer and she has some great red toe shoes. I was amazed at what she could do on those shoes and in her dress. It was CRAZY! I know nothing about dance, so I had to rely so much on Ali and Megan (who is a life long tumbler) to do most of the dance poses. We picked the perfect location for them, and the lighting was so much fun. Very artistic!

We finished things off with an old car up in Sandy at a one of Ali's family friends home. It was such a fun shoot. I love it when girls bring their personalities into the session, and Ali did just that.

Congratulations Ali and Andrew. Like Megan said on Saturday Andrew is going to take such good care of her... You are an adorable couple and I am so happy I had the opportunity to work with both of you! Good luck and I hope we stay in touch!

To see a slide show of their session click HERE!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

This may be your finest moment so far for me! I am so in love with these pictures! How freaking beautiful is she, and those are some awesome pictures with the ballet poses! LOVE the red shoes!

Amanda said...

Wow Kellee! Those are incredible. I am so excited to work with these two and thanks again for being booked on their wedding date!!! jk. They are a gorgeous couple and you did such an amazing job!

aboutimage said...

What a stunning bride! Your images are beautiful. I just love her ballet slippers.

Annie said...

Those red ballet shoes are incredible. I bet you were loving it! It's stuff like that that really makes photos even more alive. You did a great job at incorporating them into the shots.

Shellee Draper said...

Beautiful Kel! I don't even know what to say about those red shoe shots. Very Unique! Love it.

Michelle said...

Kellee,
It is true talent that can blend edgy, chic, elegant into such timeless photo's! Great work as always. I'm so glad to know Shellee, and you are hillarious! I shouldn't be be suprised, you are sisters. Hopefully we will meet during WPPI. Again great work!

Kellee Smith said...

Thanks everyone. I can honestly say this is one of my favorite shoots I have done in a while. I feel like I keep saying that and I hope I continue to keep saying that. Anyway, thanks for all of the kind words and Michelle I am sure we will meet at WPPI and I look forward to it. By the way, Shellee is the "funny" one... hee hee hee!

Oakstream Photography said...

HOLY BENDABLE!!!! I've never seen anyone bend like that before & especially in their wedding dress...hahaha! That last shot is AWESOME! An image that if I were her I'd treasure forever. Especially when she's 80 & looks back on that...OMGOSH!!!!

Also...when will you be at WPPI? I'll be there from the 16th-20th.

Candyce said...

Oh my gosh. That dress is amazing. Those photos are amazing. Those shoes are amazing. Those positions are amazing... LOVE THIS ONE!!!

Jennifer said...

OMG all I can say is jaw dropping wow! Stunning work!