kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Friday, February 22, 2008

Hello Again...

Well hello again. I did not drop off the face of the planet, I just have a lot to catch you up on...

First of all I have been working busy like a bee getting ready for the WEDDING SHOWCASE tomorrow! To pre-register and to receive free tickets click on wedding showcase above or go to www.wefellinlove.comOk, so this is the last time I say this, and I hope you are not already board by it. I AM DOING A HUGE AMAZING GIVE AWAY TOMORROW! IF YOU ARE A SERIOUS BRIDE AND LIKE MY PHOTOGRAPHY YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS IT! See you tomorrow from 3-9 at the Bullen Center.


I have also been spending so much time with my family. My little boy has been out of school last Friday, Monday, Thursday, and again today on Friday. Wow! We have had some fun times though. He has been swimming 2 times and sledding with one of his best little buddies down in Avon. Which leads me to my next point of interest.

Ok, are you ready for this? It is going to be a bit of a story! Ok, here goes...

I moved to Cache Valley 9 1/2 years ago this summer. (wow, time does go by so quickly) I didn't know anyone here and I actually moved by myself for about 4 weeks while my husband was finishing up with his job in Provo. I met this girl who (I am sure you know the type) is one of those people that is "everyones" friend. You know, someone so nice that the niceness drips off of them. Well at the time I needed a friend and I snatched onto her like glue. To this day she is not just "one of those friends" to me, she is one of my dearest friends. Ok, so now that you have some background on that - on with the story!

Well actually you need one more bit of info! If you frequent my blog you will know I grew up true country. A country girl to the heart I was raised in a small town in Wyoming and did High School and College rodeo. I trained and sold horses, and taught riding lessons. I know, if you know me now - it might be a stretch to imagine, but hold on - you won't have to for much longer.

I married my wonderful husband and we moved to the suburbs. I have the most amazing life and family, and I am so insanely happy! I have learned that happiness can be found in so many different ways in life - not just on the back of a horse, (However, my dad will fight you to his death about that little comment).

So when we were out in Avon sledding with Celeste and her kids, I walked in her house and the first thing I saw was this beautiful picture of a horse. It had an amazing resimblence to my High School Rodeo Horse "Archie". When Celeste walked around the courner I said, "Oh my gosh what a beautiful picture" and with no worning at all she said, "I am glad you like it because I got it for you".

Ok, so you know when you start to cry, and the cry totally gets away from you? Ya, I call it the ugly cry - that is where I was! I sat down on her couch and cried like a baby. It brought back a flood of memories and emotions for me.

Here is a look at the picture I adore. I put it in my bedroom so that I can see it each morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And here I am in the GLORY days... This was at the Idaho High School Rodeo Finals in Pocatello Idaho in 1996.

3 comments:

Shellee Draper said...

Oh Kel, good times! Fun seeing the old rodeo pics of you! Very nice. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. . .

Erin said...

That is a sweet picture of you in the rodeo.

Chelsea said...

That is SUCH a cute story, and what a good friend:) You were quite the sexy cowgirl:)