kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Thursday, April 10, 2008

Willow Bush...

Last year my husband and I (let's be honest - mostly my husband) put in our yard. What an undertaking that was. Dan did however put me in charge of the beds. So, I went shopping and with the help of a landscape architect I finished with a look just like I wanted. I am excited for everything to bloom this spring. Along with the design, I knew that I wanted a weeping willow of some sort in my front flower bed. I looked and looked and looked to find exactly the one I was looking for. Finally my friend Stacy and I bought 2 different varieties and I ended up with this one. It leafs just beautiful in the summer and grew so much last year. This spring I was amazed at the beautiful buds it created.

My office desk faces this tree, and I look at it all day long (no exaggeration there...). My mom use to cut wild willows and use them in flower decorations when we were kids. In fact, she tells me I took one of these buds and shoved it so far up my nose that I had to take a trip to the dr. office (and I wonder where my kids get it). So, the other day I decided to do a bit of floral design of my own. (Candice if you are reading this, do not judge me for my lop sided arrangement!)

So, if you are asking when my floral company will be opening, check back never. But it was so much fun to create something beautiful for my home. I did not put these in water, and I am told that they will dry quite nicely, and hopefully it will be something to enjoy through out the spring and summer.

Let me know what you think...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful arrangement!

Chelsea said...

kellee..nice work:) it was fun to see you for a minute the other day! Thanks for letting me drop by:)

Candyce said...

Looks great Kellee! The other day when I was at your house this tree literally stopped me in my tracks. I just had to "pet"
Someday when I have a yard to do I think I just may copy you with this one. Love the way they look in the vase, way to go!

Kellee Smith said...

Thanks guys, you are all too nice. Chelsea, so incredibly good to see you. Candyce, don't hold back, I know it has very little artistic value, I just threw everything together, but it was fun... You will have to give me a lesson some time!

Shellee Draper said...

Ok, as your older sister, I'm going to have to verify the willow/nose incident. Hilarious! I remember when you put this in, it really has taken off. Cool arrangement. Where did you get the vase?