kellee smith

Welcome to my photography blog.
This blog is so much fun for me as an artist, and I am so excited to continually add new images!
I hope you enjoy it, and make sure to put it in your list of favorites and check back often.



Sunday, October 19, 2008

Caught Red Handed.

So, those of you who know me know that I go a million miles an hour with EVERYTHING that I do. I talk fast, work fast, eat fast, and drive fast. It all caught up with me a while ago while Jesika and I went up to Wyoming for her bridal session!

I was talking on the phone to my friend Candis at Urban Floral, and driving through Smithfield, when I failed to notice a school zone. Yes, I said school zone! The cop pulled me over, and I thought, oh Jesika is setting here in the passenger seat in her wedding dress, there is no way he will write me a ticket. OH AND LET ME ADD THAT I HAVE NEVER HAD A TICKET BEFORE IN MY LIFE! So, after the cop told me I was going 21 over I knew I was sunk! He only sighted me for 9 over (Thank you Mr. Officer) and I did a Plea in Abeyance through the Smithfield Attorney and so now I must go 6 months without a moving violation! So, pedal OFF the metal. I have to be a model citizen and good driver. Wish me luck...

8 comments:

Gardiner said...

Oh man! HA HA!!!! But seriously, what kinda cop give a ticket to a lady driving a bride around? School zone shmool zone... there were no kids around, at least not that many. That was the funnest day ever though! I will never forget the way people looked at me while you were in Maverick buying us drinks! "Uh, if you see a groom come through here, don't tell him that you seen me!" HA HA!!! I hope that you are able to slow down and stay out of the radar of the law. Good Luck!

Gardiner said...

Oh man! HA HA!!!! But seriously, what kinda cop give a ticket to a lady driving a bride around? School zone shmool zone... there were no kids around, at least not that many. That was the funnest day ever though! I will never forget the way people looked at me while you were in Maverick buying us drinks! "Uh, if you see a groom come through here, don't tell him that you seen me!" HA HA!!! I hope that you are able to slow down and stay out of the radar of the law. Good Luck!

Summer said...

Oh My Gosh I remember that was in your files of "to do" when I was there! I hate spending money on that kind of stuff! Did you get your couch? I'm dying to see it in a shoot! Hope to see ya soon!

Jessica B Photography said...

School zones are the pits!! (So are small town cops) But the good thing is that he only wrote you for 9 over.

megan reeder said...

Did you cry? I heard from a good friend (wink, wink) that crying helps to get out of tickets. You'll have to try it next time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That stinks!! I think you and my husband have something in common :)

Stephanie said...

What an adventure!! :D Nice cop.

Amanda said...

Oh my HECK! That is so funny! Slow down next time!!!! HAHAHA